If you believe you have legitimate grounds to complain about any item in UAL Research Online, please notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Legitimate grounds of complaint include a belief that inclusion of the item infringes your copyright (e.g. because it has been copied and included in UAL Research Online without your permission) or your moral rights (e.g. your right to be identified as an author) or is defamatory or is otherwise unlawful.
In the email please include the following information:
- Email address
- Geographical address
- Telephone number
- Outline of complaint
- Title of the item/publication
- Item URL
- 1. UAL Research Online will acknowledge your email promptly, normally within 2 working days of receipt.
- 2. We will make an initial assessment of your complaint. Where we believe, at this initial stage, that you may have legitimate grounds of complaint, we will remove the item from the public access portion of UAL Research Online, pending further investigation. If we reject your complaint, we will notify you of this and of our reasons.
- 3. If we have removed the item from public view, we will then investigate your complaint in full, which may include seeking professional legal advice where we believe this is necessary. We will also inform the original depositor of the item about the nature of your complaint, to give him/her an opportunity to rebut it.
- 4. We will endeavour to complete our investigation within 10 working days.
- 5. We will communicate our decision to you and to the original depositor of the item.
- 6. If our investigation finds in your favour, we will remove the item from UAL Research Online. However, a metadata record indicating that the item was previously stored in UAL Research Online will remain visible in perpetuity.
 Description (data) of the item